Strange Curses

Monday, August 15, 2005

John

its the first day of school, more appropriately, poly. i noe nuts about poly or even wat to expect on my first day. During my orientation, my seniors did tell me wat the hospi (hospitality management) corhort would be like...

i woke up as usual, reached school by 8.45am and went into lt 19 (if i remember it correctly). i looked at the OHP and saw where i was suppose to seat. i will be seated together with my other classmates. i when over, saw so many unfamiliar faces except for those who were at the orientation. the few whom i can remember was roger, elly, anna, june, and nic.

all 4 of them were at the week '0' orientation for freshmen like me. thats why i can remember them. roger stood out among the rest cause he's a guy. Not that that i m gay but my class only have 5 guys out of 25 students leh...cos i remember him.

as for elly and anna, i got to remember them when we were playing games during the orientation. damn seniors put me inbetween the 2 of them when we were suppose to pass a piece of card or tissue (i can't remember which one) using only our mouth. SABO sia... i was so shy cause at first impression, i think the 2 of them are pretty good lookers. but now...AIYAH...normal lah.. haha

june was the first person i kinda spoke to during orientation...i remembered clearly that it was still early and i was sitted in LT 19.. she was juz sitting beside me...about 1 or 2 seats to my left away. these 2 seats were empty though. i was staring straight..looking fucking sian..and then a senior came over and said..."do you noe her name?" i smiled and shook my head...not daring to look at june. "why not the 2 of you intro yourselves...hospi must more garang one!" and she walked away...to my relief.

i continue to look around the LT trying to spot some nice lookers and suddenly...someone tapped on my shoulder.. i turned my head to the left and saw a hand stretched out in a handshake positiong... "hi, i am june" she said in a tom-boyish manner. i shooked her hand and then introed myself. we didn't talk after that... yeah...that's me..introvert.

as for nic, i guessed everyone remember this person. rebonded long shoulder length thick black hair, spec-ky faced, and wearing punked t-shirt, she, i mean he walked into the LT late and with a beng-ish swagger. did i say SHE? yeah i did. nic is not short-form for nicole but nic-(k) or nicholas. till now..i dunno which one. i really thought that he was a she at first. super anti social attitude. i m introvert but he is anti-social... 1st impression, i dun like him...thats why i remember him.

tracking back to my first day of school, sometime past 9am, in walked a plump spectacled man. he looks kinda different and i just dunno why, and he squeezed into a seat where my class was sitting. he is john.

i didn't intro myself to him until my first meet the lecturers session. the whole class was led from the LT to a classroom at the 5th floor i think. we were sitted down...and a lecturer walked in, introed himself and then asked all of us to sit in pairs...with our backs facing each other. roger, john and me were paired together as we are the only 3 guys at that time and all the other girls are paired together liao... i was thinking "damn it, with 2 guys, wat fun would there be then?" i said hi to john and intro myself to him.

we were asked to not look at our partners, and describe him in as much details as possible. so i had to describe john, john to do roger and roger to do me.

i vaguely remember wat i describe john - "his name is john, wearing a spectacle, blah blah blah...his waist..ermm (long pause)...i think lah...is 38 inches" FUCKED...i touched sensitive topic...everyone burst out laughing... i was afraid that john would be angry...but he did not. to my relieve, and magnimously, he said "hahaha, i think you really flatter me"

after the describing session, we are to do a little intro of ourselves...only then i noe why he looked different...he is much older than us...about 5 - 6 years older than me. albeit that totally clicks with the class.

that really up my impression of him. and during the 3 poly years, this impression had not change. after poly, he departed for USA to further his studies.

i have not seen him since...and he is coming back tomorrow... i simply can't wait to see him again.

for this 4 years that i have known him, he has been selfless, generous, witty, full of crap, richer than any of his classmates, and having very good work ettiques. till now i believe he have not changed much...the thing that change is that he is already a degree holder. see you on wednesday nite john!

*note: this entry is based on my memories...i have very bad memories and some parts of it might be mixed up..dun blame me.. John...touch anot? tribute to you leh.
:: posted by strangesentiments, 8:27 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment