Strange Curses

Sunday, May 15, 2005

What a week! Part 1

wednesday nite, at 2am, i was in camp. halfway thru my strange drms (i drmt about 2 big red dice starting at me in space....can't really remember liao), then when i was about to grab them, i was awoken by the splattering of raindrops on the window panes in my bunk. the wind started howling thru the gaps of the panes...

i was scared... i nv heard this kind of howling before. the wind is strong, the rain is heavy, and the sky was dark...really dark!

so i covered myself head to toe using my blanket. it doesn't stops the wind and rain... in fact, it made it worse... worse in the sense that my blanket almost flew away, and something was rocking my bed. yes...the wind is this strong.

i held on tight...and hanged on for about 30 mins more. during this 30 mins, my imagination was running wild. what if....a ghost really appeared? what if.... the ghost is hovering above me?

i tried to wash these thoughts away from my mind. then i heard a strange and loud noise! i grabbed my blanket tighter over my head. it became more clear...and i i realize that the noise is coming nearer. ahhhh...! i shouted in my head...

i decided to be brave...after all, i was a soldier. but i have nv seen ghosts before....how am i going to confront it? but the noise is becoming more distinct...and more of these noise is sprouting up from all corners in my bunk...i juz know it.

i pulled the blanket away from my face...without opening my eyes....and i heard laughter...and curses... they sounded familiar... and also rain mist splashing against my face.

i opened my eyes and looked to my right. i saw my campmate firdaus, pulling his bed nearer to me...

his bed made a screeching sound.... metal against floor... i sat up, and saw the rest of my campmates who sleeps near the window panes, all woke up and pulled their beds away from the window... then tried to keep their clothes, and whatever was hanging on the windows or outside the cupboard into it.

haha...their scurrying ways made me smiled...and i realized what happened... and then i decided to join them.

i picked wat i could from my bed and stuff it into my cupboard...followed them outside the bunk... i looked back...and saw that my bunk is in a big mess... as if a typhoon juz swept thru.

i hadn't felt the wrath of the wind yet as i wasn't as wet as my other campmates. wira lighted up...me and juraimie shared that stick with him. the puff was shiok under this extreme weather. 3 mins passed, we kept pacing the corridor...and we started laughing...at one another.

the rain did not stop, so did the wind.

i was feeling really cold now.. i started shivering. i ran into the bunk to hide from the wind. no use. in the bunk is even worse... due to the rain mist that was blown in thru the window, i got even colder. anyhow, i know that i must get to my cupboard to get my wind breaker. when i got to my cupboard, i saw firdaus, wearing his long no. 4 (army camoflaged shirt). i laughed hard at him. i guessed it is the only time i will see anyone of us wearing a no. 4 to slp. like a pajamas.

he climbed into his bed and slept thruout. then i saw william. he hadn't gotten out of bed at all...i smiled at him. funny guy didn't even flinched. he juz slpt thruout. as if he is in a mortuary coz he was also covered head to toe with a blanket.

i fell into my bed and sleep again.

and the day broke. i said to myself "what a night!"


Friday, the 13.

the first friday 13 of the year. i guess it had an effect on me.

i was supposed to collect a ez link card from the ez link office for 1 serviceman. i went there, waited for like about 1 hr, and they told me it was collected by someone else!! i was thinking i had other places to go. why keep me waiting. (the very first bad incident)

then i visited yiling at his place. he juz had his operation and was discharged from hospital. then my campmates and officers came to visit him too... and he taught my officer to make chinese tea...the "traditional" way...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
...using this really "traditional" flask. this is really old school and can be sold as antique. haha

yiling and family came from china... so inevitably, he also has some artifacts from there. thats one of them. haha.

then after a while, i went off the celebrate tanvi's bday at heeren NYDC.

i felt that the design of the restaurant is really wierd. the entrance of the restaurant is so FAR away from the end of the dining area. and in the middle, there was juz railings to keep shoppers from accidentally wandering into the dining area. it was juz like an empty area. i was lazy...so i tried to leapt over the railing.

SLAM!!!

i relized that i was on the floor in that instant. i heard gasping...lady voices. i remember that i was leaping across...then i was tilted and going head towards ground. as i was in mid air, i knew that i would land head first if i dun curl up. it was instinct. i curled my body in and landed on my hands, elbow, and knee. i fell badly...on my left knee. i practically felt limp for a moment. it was juz like a wrestling match gone wrong. i was slammed onto the granite floor in NYDC. i can feel eyes were looking at me... and i pulled myself up... very embarassly. "why did i do such a foolish thing?" i walked over to our table...sat down quickly... and tried to wash the thought out of my head and blended in with the conversation going on. (bad incident no. 2)

yes...i fell. but i also picked myself up. i m proud of myself. i guessed it has always been in me since birth that i will pick myself up no matter what.

after dinner, we left for a pub at rendevous hotel (pronounced as ron-day-vu). the pub is known as PUBlic house. i thought that was a nice name. and we had fun. the PR from the manager was good, the live music was even better. wat's best is the company i had.

(tanvi the bday girl, roger, jinwen, supin, michelle, meili, june and also ailing who have to go for work after dinner)

here's some pics of us at nydc.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
rogerina, ailing and 21 yr old tanvi

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
roger trying to devour "grandma gone nuts" (wat a name for a dessert)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
this mud pie is delicious

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
tanvi showing some transfermation skills learned from india.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
that hand belongs to ailing. tanvi and june...lovely smile...darlie and colgate rep.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
stella artois beer...at public house.

these are the pics i have currently...waiting for roger to post up...then i can "grab" from him. will update more... and to tanvi....happy 21 birthday.
:: posted by strangesentiments, 1:32 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment